"Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."
Here is your update for the week!
1. Attached to this email you will find two things: The September Calendar and the Sunday WAVE Dinner List for the Fall. Thank you for all of your help on this! We are going to have a great Fall semester!
2. Don't forget that starting this Sunday, September 8, WAVE will be moving to its new time of 5:00-7:30pm. We are growing and the Lord is truly working in our kids lives. I am excited to see our group getting bigger and bigger and also to see so much more friendships forming! We think this extra 30 minutes will help with this!
3. Leadership Team Applications for the 2013-2014 school year will be available on Sunday, September 15. They will be due on Sunday, September 29 by the time WAVE is over. Leadership Team is a great opportunity for students in grades 10-12. The main focus is to develop servant hearts and student initiative for WAVE events, fundraisers, and trips. Students on the LT also have separate Bible studies, get cool LT gear, and take a Leadership Team retreat in the Fall and in the Spring. Please encourage your student to think about applying!
4. Youth Sunday will be on Sunday, September 22 this year. Students will run both the early and late services. A signup sheet will be available in the WAVE rooms this Sunday. Encourage them to sign up! We will have practice on Wednesday, September 18 from 6:30-8:00pm in the Chapel. Students must attend practice.
5. Lastly, our next 18 Hour Famine and Lock-In will be at the end of this month on Friday, September 27-Saturday, September 28. This is a great event! Last year we had a blast! We will be watching movies, playing games, going on a Wal-Mart Scavenger Hunt, and more. Drivers needed! I will need 1 driver brave enough to volunteer for taking the students to and from Wal-Mart from 11:00pm-12:00am. Please let me know if you are willing to help out!
Hope you all have a great weekend! See you Sunday!
Upcoming Events through September
A quick & easy guide for you to look & see what's going on
Sunday, September 8 = WAVE @ its new time: 5:00-7:30pm.
Sunday, September 15 = Leadership Team Applications available for pickup.
Wednesday, September 18 = Youth Sunday Practice in the Chapel. 6:30-8:00pm.
Sunday, September 22 = Youth Sunday for both services. Youth lunch afterwards.
Friday, September 27 – Saturday, September 28 = 18 HOUR FAMINE. 6:00pm – 12 NOON.
Sunday, September 29 = Leadership Team Applications DUE after WAVE